Monday, April 26, 2010

More Observation

So, I have finally completed my high school observations. I observed an Economics class. During his lectures, he used technology in the classroom. He required students to take notes from Powerpoint, the overhead, and the Smartboard simultaneously. I really like the Smartboard. He was easily able to provide practice problems to go along with the notes the students were taking. However, it would have been nice if he allowed the students to be interactive with it as well. For example, giving problems and then letting them come up to the board to do them. I think it might have engaged the class a little more actively.

In my high school, we didn't have Smartboards. So, I am not really familiar with this technology too much. In both of my school observations, I saw it implemented, and I would like to try it out in my classroom. I think it would be a good interactive way to get the students involved with the content. I know when I was in school, everyone liked to go up to the whiteboard, so I think that students would like to use the Smartboard. With this tool there are all kinds of activities that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment