Monday, April 12, 2010

Digital Story

This is a video that I have created using Windows Movie Maker. I created this video as a tool that I can use in my classroom in order to study the Civil Rights Movement. It is a brief 2 minute video that introduces one of the most well-known figures associated with this time, Martin Luther King Jr. It doesn't go into a lot of detail, but it does highlight the big events that he was associated with. I would use it most likely at the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement unit.

Making this video was rather time consuming. Going into this, I really had no idea what I was doing, but as I played with the program I began to figure out what I was trying to accomplish. Trying to sync audio, video, and text all together is not difficult. However, it does take a while. If I was to do it again then I may be a little quicker. While knowing how to do this is pretty handy, I do not think I will create a lot of videos for my class like this. On the other hand, I would like to make students create them if they all have computer access. I realized making this you have to engage with the material you want pretty well in order to summarize it briefly as to highlight the main points. Assigning something like this can allow the students to figure out what things are most important as well. After doing this, I would like to make them present them to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment