Monday, April 5, 2010

Above is a screen shot that I developed for my 486 class. It is a quiz over World War II. At first, the formatting was a little difficult to get the hang of. I worked through it, and now, if I did it again I could be much faster at it. I do not think it is very hard to learn, but you do need to know some things about excel such as how to do functions. The result though is worth it because you can pop out all kinds of quizzes like this to get your class motivated for the day.

These kinds of quizzes I believe would be good to get the class started at the beginning of the period. A short quiz like this can just get their brain in gear for the material that we are about to be engaged with. I find Excel to be more beneficial than I thought. I really did not know you could do stuff like this with it. I figured it was more for like math people or grades. However, a simple quiz like this can be used across the curriculum and various grade levels. I just think it is kind of a fun way to get things going.

I would definitely like to make these for my classroom. I think it is a good way to integrate some technology into the classroom. It is not that difficult to make or for the students to use. However, it still uses technology to an extent more than just viewing a Power Point every day. They can actively do a quiz like this on the computer and get immediate feedback. This is another useful tool that we have discovered in this class that I hope I will be able to use in my own classroom one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment